The Schuman Society is a national scientific, independent, non-partisan, non-governmental, and non-profit organization. The purpose of the Schuman society is to promote the idea of Europe and knowledge of the European integration and the EU, and to cherish the European cultural heritage through organising discussions, seminars, and educational events, as well as through publishing papers, reports, and information materials.
The aim of the Schuman society is to act as a platform for debates and knowledge exchange between experts on European integration and the interested public, and to engage citizens in European affairs.
The Schuman Society collaborates e.g. with the following partners, all actively engaged in European affairs:
- Europe Information
- EuropeDirect Southwest Finland (only in Finnish)
- The Atlantic Council of Finland
- European Studies at the Two Universities in Turku
- European Movement in Finland
- Eurooppanuoret (only in Finnish)